Flexi-Van Leasing, LLC
Last Revised: May 4, 2023
1. Personal Information That We Collect
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could reasonably allow you to be identified. We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from you directly (e.g., when you provide your name, address, or contact information), from your devices, (e.g., data collected from cookies and similar technologies as described in our Cookies Policy below or when you use our website or applications), and information we collect about you from other sources, such as public records. Note that we and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services.
If you use our Services, we may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. We also collect chassis numbers, which may be considered personal information under applicable privacy laws.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information about your interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements.
- Geolocation data as inferred by your IP address, as it relates to your physical location or movements.
- Call recordings for compliance, quality assurance, and training purposes.
- Sensitive personal information, including personal information that reveals your driver’s license number, your account login, and your precise geolocation.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above.
If you are a job candidate applying to join FlexiVan, or an employee of FlexiVan, we may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers, such as name, title, home address, work and personal telephone numbers and email addresses, IP address, photograph, date of birth, employee identification number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information categories described in California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, passport number, state identification card number, education and employment history.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
- Internet activity, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites and applications.
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location.
- Professional or employment-related information, including past and current employment history.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) such as education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts and student financial information.
- Sensitive personal information, such as your Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, and/or passport number, your business account logins in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to the account, your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership, the contents of your business mail, email and text messages.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Additional employment-related information including:
- Date of birth, gender, nationality.
- Dependents, next of kin and emergency contact information, including details of relatives, guardians, associates, or authorized representatives (including legal representatives).
- Salary and compensation history, annual leave, pension, and benefits information, notice period.
- Start date (or desired start date) at FlexiVan.
- Location of employment or workplace (or desired location).
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a resume or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as access key card records.
- Visual images and photographs required for business purposes.
- Bank details for payment of salary, expenses etc.
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
- Health information in order to comply with legal obligations (health and safety) and data to assist in the control of infectious diseases (e.g., temperature checks).
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect or receive:
- To provide our services: We use your personal information to deliver the services you request. If you are an employee, we may use your personal information to deliver services to our customers.
- Identification and authentication: We use your information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services, apply for a job with us, or otherwise engage with us, and to ensure the security of your personal information. We also use your information to facilitate account creation and log on functions, including when you log in with a third-party account (e.g., Google or Facebook).
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to design and implement marketing campaigns, including to market our services to you, subject to any opt-outs you may exercise.
- Service improvement and feedback: We may use your personal information to improve our services, or to request and respond to feedback from you.
- Analytics: We may use your personal information for data analysis and to develop new products or services.
- Exercising our rights: We may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent, and respond to intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law.
- Dealing with accidents and claims: We may process your personal information (e.g., driving license details) where required in the event of an accident or claim.
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your personal information to carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, when required by law.
- Processing your job application: If you apply for a role with us, we use your personal information to process your application.
- Complying with your employment or consultancy contract: If you are an employee, we use your personal information to comply with our obligations as your employer. Likewise, if you are an individual consultant, we use your personal information to comply with our obligations under our contract with you.
- Where necessary to protect your (or someone else’s) interests: For example, we may use health information about an employee to call an ambulance if they become seriously ill at work.
For the purposes of California law, we use and disclose your personal information for our commercial purposes (namely, enabling and effecting commercial transactions with you – or, if you are an employee, with our customers), and for the following business purposes:
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes.
- Performing services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be reidentified by us or any other company, and may use this anonymized information for any other purpose. We will not use personal information for purposes not addressed here without your consent.
3. How And When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights or those of others, to maintain and expand our business, and to fulfill business obligations, as further described below. We may disclose your personal information (including, as required, your sensitive personal information) to the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors, consultants and similar third parties: We may disclose your data to third party vendors, contractors, consultants or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include third parties that support: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, data storage, content hosting, customer service, recruitment, and marketing.
- Analytics providers: We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity.
- Third-party advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website(s) or mobile applications. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s), our mobile applications and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide or serve advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on this and other websites. This constitutes “selling” and “sharing” of personal data under California law. If you are located in California, you can choose to opt out of this sharing of your personal information as set out in section 10 below.
- Advisors, auditors and regulatory bodies: We may disclose your data to our third-party professional advisors, auditors and any regulatory bodies to which we are subject (e.g., data privacy regulators).
- Business Transfers: We may disclose or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
In the previous twelve 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of personal information described above (in Section 1) for a business purpose. We did not sell personal information to third parties in the last twelve months. We did not disclose information to third-party advertisers in the last twelve (12) months.
We may “share” (using the definition in the CPRA) your personal information with third parties for our commercial purposes. In the preceding twelve months, we have not shared any personal information.
4. How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
Unless we stop requiring it beforehand, or you exercise your right to deletion, we will retain each category of your personal information for the purposes set out in section 2 above:
- for the duration of our relationship with you, and
- as required by law and for our business purposes following the termination of our relationship with you.
We will retain cookie data for the periods of time set out in section 8 below.
5. Children’s Privacy Protection
We do not knowingly solicit, sell or share data from, or market to, children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com.
6. Data Security
We have implemented security measures designed to protect the security of personal information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data collected via the internet. Transmission of personal information is done at your own risk, and you are responsible for the security of your computing environment.
7. International Data Processing & Transfer
Information collected through the Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries.
8. Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device. The cookie helps analyze web traffic and lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies, and other similar technologies, allow us to respond to your individual preferences when online and tailor operations by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
|Cookie Name||Website or App||What The Cookie Does||Retention Period|
|cookie_consent||Website||Displays cookie popup||365 days|
|utm_source||Website||Tracks campaigns||7 days|
|utm_campaign||Website||Tracks campaigns||7 days|
|utm_content||Website||Tracks campaigns||7 days|
You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/ or https://www.networkadvertising.org/ to exercise your cookie preferences.
9. Your Choices Over Your Personal Information
Depending on which state you are a resident, you may have the following rights:
- Right of access. The right to confirm whether a business is processing personal information concerning you and to access that personal information.
- Right to correction. The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the information and the purposes of the processing.
- Right to deletion. The right (which may be limited) to delete personal data concerning you.
- Right to data portability. The right to obtain the personal information obtained under the right of access in a portable and (to the extent technically feasible) readily usable format, allowing you to transmit it to another business without hindrance. Exercise of this right may be limited.
- Right to opt-out of processing of personal data for:
- targeted advertising;
- the sale of personal data; and/or
- profiling in furtherance of decisions producing legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by visiting https://flexivan.com/subscription-preferences/. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
If you are based in the US (except California – see section 10 below) and would like to exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request to CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com or send a letter to Flexi-Van Leasing, LLC, Attention: Customer Service, 7320 E. Butherus Drive, Suite 201, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Once we will receive your request, we will review it to determine whether it is verifiable. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your request.
If you do not agree with our decision in respect of your rights request, you may appeal our decision in the same manner within a reasonable period.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com. If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us at CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com.
10. For California Residents
California law, subject to certain limitations, grants its residents certain rights regarding the collection and use of their personal information.
- Right to know and request information about what personal information we have collected. This includes the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information.
- Right to delete. Residents have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt-out of selling personal information. Residents have the right to tell a business to stop selling their personal information.
- Right to non-discrimination. Residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
- Right to correct personal information. Residents can request to have inaccuracies in their personal information, collected by a business, corrected.
- Right to opt-out of sharing sensitive personal information. Residents can opt-out of the use and disclosure of their sensitive personal information.
- Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. Residents have the right to opt out from their sensitive and non-sensitive personal information being sold and/or shared.
- Right to see personal information. Residents can now see personal information collected, with no statute of limitations.
If you are a California resident, California’s Shine the Light law also permits you to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, using the contact details below.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request by:
- Clicking here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information;
- Clicking here: Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information;
- Emailing CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com;
- Calling 1-866-883-5394; or
- Sending a letter to Flexi-Van Leasing, LLC, Attention: Customer Service, 7320 E. Butherus Drive, Suite 201, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
Once we will receive your request, we will review it to determine whether it is verifiable. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your request.
11. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us at CustomerSupport@FlexiVan.com.